MYOTAPE CHILDREN & TEENS
Ages 4 - 16
Myotape is designed to restore nasal breathing in children and teenagers. The tape is to be worn during the day for between 30 minutes and two hours, especially while the child is distracted, playing, reading or using a screen. It can also be worn during sleep.
- Improve sleep
- Reduce symptoms of behavioral and learning disorders
- Support functional orthodontics, healthy teeth, and airway development
- Improve speech and auditory processing in children
Mouth breathing is a habit common to around 50% of children. It is caused by airway obstruction or a small airway, and can be triggered by swollen adenoids and tonsils or allergies and a stuffy nose. When a child breathes through the mouth at night, the result is a serious condition called sleep-disordered breathing, which shows up as snoring and sleep apnea. In infants, sleep-disordered breathing has been linked to cases of cot death. The fact is, no child should ever snore.
In order to resolve their child’s sleep problems, many parents resort to removal of the adenoids and tonsils. But the truth is, this is only an effective long-term solution in 27% of children. In fact; top sleep expert Dr. Christian Guilleminault went as far as to state that: “Restoration of nasal breathing during wake and sleep, may be the only valid end point when treating sleep apnea.”
FREE BUTEYKO METHOD FOR CHILDREN
NOSE KNOWS TO LOOK INTELLIGENT WITH A BEAUTIFUL FACE
MAGIC NOSE UNBLOCKING EXERCISE
DOLPHIN BREATHING FOR SPORTS PERFORMANCE
TORTOISE BREATHING 1
TORTOISE BREATHING 2
RACE HORSE BREATHING TO RUN FASTER
BREATH RECOVERY EXERCISE
OPTIMOAL CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT
MYOTAPE is designed especially to help restore nasal breathing in children, for optimum childhood development. The tape is easy to use, allows the child to feel in control and gently supports healthy breathing during day and night.
SUPPORTING YOUR CHILD'S LIFETIME HEALTH
Nasal breathing is essential for healthy development of the face, teeth and upper airways. Left untreated in childhood, habitual mouth breathing results in abnormal facial features, dental deformities and narrow airways. This perpetuates poor breathing habits in adulthood and causes a lifetime of health issues.
CREATING HEALTHY BREATHING PATTERNS
MYOTAPE is a training support that helps rebuild the habit of nose breathing, allowing your child to grow with straight, healthy teeth, a well-proportioned face and healthy breathing patterns.
Reduce Symptons of Behavioural and Learning Disorders
When a child mouth-breathes, imbalances in blood gases caused by over-breathing mean it is not possible for enough oxygen to reach the brain. Long term, this has been proven to have a direct impact on learning ability, cognition and behaviour. Habitual mouth breathing in childhood is a factor in diagnoses of ADHD and ADD12. When a child is left with untreated snoring past the age of 8, that child has an 80% chance of suffering a permanent 20% reduction in mental capacity.
By using MYOTAPE to restore full-time nasal breathing, you can help your child to avoid the serious consequences of untreated mouth breathing.
Improve Speech and Auditory Processing
Children who breathe through an open mouth develop changes in the way the muscles of the lips, tongue and cheeks work. This can negatively affect essential functions like chewing, swallowing and speech. It also causes speech disorders including lisps, the inability to pronounce certain sounds and immature auditory processing.
By using MYOTAPE to restore full-time nasal breathing, you can ensure your child has the best start in life.
Unlike other lip tapes, MYOTAPE does not cover the mouth. Instead, it gently surrounds the mouth, bringing the lips together with a light, elastic tension that helps to maintain lip closure and ensure nasal breathing.
MyoTape for Sport
MEET OUR FOUNDER
Designed by internationally renowned breathing coach, author of the Oxygen Advantage and TedX speaker, Patrick McKeown, MYOTAPE safely brings the lips together to support and restore nasal breathing during wakefulness and sleep.
Mouth breathing contributes to snoring, sleep apnea, poor sleep quality and CPAP non-compliance. It causes serious developmental issues in children and is proven to negatively affect physical and mental wellbeing in adults.